Understanding Alberta Sand and Gravel Industry
Being successful in Alberta’s aggregate industry takes grit. You know the Alberta sand and gravel industry. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
So, why is it so hard to stay ahead of your competition?
You and I know that location is everything—an Alberta sand and gravel pit’s location decides if it wins or loses. So, while prospecting for aggregates is about finding the location that’s right for you, it’s also about finding the locations that belong to your competitors.
I appreciate that you’ve likely developed some internal processes to stay ahead of the competition in the Alberta sand and gravel industry. We have helped a number of clients do the same. I bet it looks something like this:
- Sign up for AltaLIS and other supporting software programs (yay software).
- Ask the folks “in-the-know”, including your buddy and a few truckers at Tim’s.
- Buy some maps and have some custom GIS work done.
- Spend some quality time with Google searching for supporting infrastructure and services.
- Compile all the information you have from multiple sources, get your best people in a room, decide on a few locations to explore further.
- Now, it’s truck time. What’s one more day on the road…
Sound familiar? The worst part is: the results are subpar!
We spent time with this problem. We assembled an advisory team of Alberta sand and gravel industry experts; we probed, questioned, and meddled, and we searched for existing solutions. Finally, we decided that we had better create our own solution. So, we did!
Meet www.LAT60explore.com—the most effective way to stay ahead of your competition. With LAT60explore.com you can view and interact with aggregate dispositions across the province. It’s always up-to-date and incredibly easy to use—just like Google maps, but with information only you and I care about.
Aside from aggregate dispositions, LAT60explore.com has a bunch of information that is relevant to the development of any aggregate operation. The list is long, but here are a few: water, roads, pipe/power lines, waste facilities, bulk fuel stations, camps, weigh scales, access dispositions, wildlife layers, forest management zones and areas, First Nations data, etc., etc., etc.
With LAT60explore.com, the clumsy process from before starts to look more like this:
- Register for a free-trial with LAT60explore.com
- Select Aggregate Dispositions from the map menu
- Zoom in to locations of interest until the dispositions appear
- Click on any disposition to view detailed information
- Save, print, and share a PDF map of your newfound information
- Bask in your newfound time and make your decisions based on the best info in the biz!